1. The International PGA is a commercial association representing golf professionals throughout the world, whose purpose is in accordance with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
2. The International PGA is committed to the development of junior golf programs, especially for underprivileged children, as well as higher education scholarships for its members.
3. The financial year of the International PGA starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st.
4. As an international organization for the protection and promotion of the interests of professional golfers, the International PGA supports:
A stronger relationship between all golfing nations.
– A worldwide exchange of information regarding golf mechanics, teaching methodology, marketing endeavors, employment opportunities, tournament scheduling, resort management, club technology, exchange programs, research in the field of golf course construction, agronomy, and the future of golf. The International PGA considers its duty is to support professional golfers and the sport of golf in all its forms.
5. The International PGA may be a member of, as well as sanction, other national and international associations.
6. Membership and Membership Eligibility. The International PGA accepts individual membership from active or retired PGA or WGTF members from every golfing nation throughout the world. Each member must present proof of current affiliation within their own country, along with requests for International PGA membership. New members will only be accepted after having lodged an application which contains this required proof. Admission to the International PGA implies that new members recognize the International PGA constitution and code of ethics in accordance with professional integrity.
7. Revocation of Membership.
Membership revocation becomes active when a member:
– fails to meet member financial obligations
– no longer meets the conditions required by the bylaws and code of ethics
– harms the image of the International PGA in any manner
8. The International PGA is composed of:
– Assembly of Delegates
– Executive Committee
– The Presidency
9. Assembly of Delegates. The Assembly of Delegates is composed of all current members and is the highest authority on decisions for the corporation, based on the majority of voting ballots received.
10. Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is composed of:
– The President
– Vice President
– The Treasurer
– Seven Advisers (Europe, USA, Central America, Asia, Canada, South America and The Caribbean)
The Executive Committee, with the exception of the President, is elected by the Assembly of Delegates for a five-year period. Only one delegate from each nation or world region may become a member of the Executive Committee.
11. The Presidency. The Presidency is composed of the President and the first Vice President. They both have the individual right to represent the corporation. The function of being entitled to represent the Presidency is exercised by the Vice President only in the case of absence of the President.
Alteration of the Bylaws. The bylaws may be altered or expanded with a two-thirds majority upon written request, which must be lodged with the Presidency three months prior to an Assembly of Delegates.